Welcome to the 2021 Academic year. I hope all our families have enjoyed a relaxing break and are ready for the new year ahead. I especially welcome all our new students, families, and staff to the Tom Price Senior High School community. We have had a number of enrolments and our student population again is stable at approximately 300 students.
THE 2020 YEAR 12 ACADEMIC RESULTS
We are very proud to share the outstanding results achieved by our graduating students. We congratulate all of our graduates on their efforts, adaptability, and perseverance during a challenging year. Our students’ success is a testament to their ongoing efforts throughout Years 11 and 12.
From the School Curriculum and Standards Authority:
– VET results, Most Improved Public School – Tom Price SHS – 23 percentage point increase in students achieving VET Cert II or higher.
– WACE results, Most Improved Public School – Tom Price SHS – WACE achievement rate up by 17 percentage points.
– Two students received unconditional University placement offers prior to sitting their WACE exams in November 2020,
– An additional five students have also been accepted into University courses for 2021.
– A number of students have accepted apprenticeships or job offers both locally or around the state.
As fortunate as we currently are in Tom Price, we need to continue to ensure the health of all members of our community. To assist, we will continue the following precautions which commenced last year.
* Requiring parents to keep their children at home if they have any COVID-like symptoms such as a runny nose, cough or temperature. Parents will be required to collect any unwell students from the school.
* Encouraging social distancing
* Additional cleaning of surfaces throughout the day across the school
* Hand Sanitiser is available throughout the school.
A reminder that our new phone number is 9188 3650, please don’t hesitate to contact the school with any question or issue. Additionally, the Connect platform is available for parents and students to communicate with teachers. Passwords and login information can be accessed through the front office.
Compass access will be rolled out to Parents/Guardians during Term 1, please watch out for more information about this.
The expectation is that all students follow our school policy with regard to uniforms. Uniforms are available for purchase through the front office, please see our lovely office staff between 7.30 am and 2.45 pm.
We welcome the following new and staff in new roles to Tom Price SHS for 2021;
Andrea Barr – TPAL
Justin Brockett – English
Antia Cawood – English
Nick Kelly – HaSS
Alex Meston – Health & Physical Education
Oded Shrier – Mathematics / Science
Harriette Tana – Mathematics
With our Year Coordinator positions being;
Year 7 – Mr. Troy Bloxidge
Year 8 – Mrs. Teliah Turrill
Year 9 and 10 – Ms. Emma Linton
Year 11 and 12 – Mrs. Jesslyn Devenyns